PPSS Cell Extraction Vest
PPSS have now taken their body armor to the next level and developed the 'NIJ 0101.05 Level III (Stab + Spike) Cell Extraction Vest'. This groundbreaking product has been specially designed to protect officers from some of the most hostile, brutal, vicious and irrational human beings on this planet... many of which have taken other human lives in some of the most horrendous manners.
"33.5% of all assaults in prisons and jails are committed by inmates against staff, and that a correctional officer will be seriously assaulted at least twice in a 20 year career."
Based on several reports and studies by the 'American Correctional Officer'
PPSS have liaised with Correctional Emergency Response Teams (CERT) and other serving Correctional Officers to develop the ultimate body armour... to deal with incidents, riots, cell extractions, mass searches, or disturbances in correctional facilities.
Please read our CEOs blog article about the 'Cell Extraction Vest'
Features & Benefits
- Performance: NIJ 0101.05 Level III Stab + Spike
- Extremely tough and durable
- Body moulded collar parts provide extensive and complete wrap-around neck protection
- Front opening means full securing of the garment is extremely simple and fast
- World's best performance/cost ratio
- Unlimited shelf life
- Weight of around 7kg/16lbs for the complete Cell Extraction Vest
- Comfortably worn - exceptional manoeuvrability
- Includes Molle webbing over the greatest possible area (front and back)
Providing protection from the following threats:
- Blunt impact weapons - including hammers, clubs, bricks, snooker balls, gym weights
- High impact cutting weapons - including axes and machetes
- Makeshift edged weapons, shanks and razor blades
- Heavy assault, including kicks and punches
- Blunt trauma injury associated with all the above
Who is this product suitable for?
- CERT (Correctional Emergency Response Teams)
- NTRG (National Tactical Response Groups)
- Tactical Support Units
- Prison Riot Teams
What is the single key advantage of this body armour over others?
The exceptional level of blunt force trauma protection.
How good is the level of manoeuvrability?
We feel there are no restriction to your movement. You can kick, punch, kneel down, control & restrain another individual, defend and attack without problem.
Can we attach other equipment to the body armor?
Yes, we have added a MOLLE style webbing to 80% of the front and back cover's surface area.
What is the lifespan?
We state 'unlimited' as up to this current point there is no physical evidence that it will degrade after a few years or so. However, our certifications are valid for FIVE years, hence we suggest you can return 10% of all body armor purchased for us to re-test and we will then 're-certify' the body armour for another five years free of charge.
Are the covers machine washable?
Why are the protective panels 'rigid'?
Our panels are rigid in order to provide not only superb stab resistance but also exceptional protection from blunt force trauma from impact based assaults.
How quickly can the body armor be put on?
We state that it can be done within less than 1 minute. An additional advantage is the body armor can remain unfastened (by undoing the front Velcro connection) to allow fresh air circulation whilst on 'stand by'. The neck protection guard can also remain unfastened and be fastened within 5 seconds.
Is the body armor available in any other colour?
Right now it is only available in black. But we have the manufacturing capabilities in place to create different covers in different colours, subject to minimum order volumes.
Tel: 1-800-928-4802 | Email: email@example.com